Title: Promotional Assistant for Festival and BIA
Assist in development and implementation of all the promotional aspects related to The Crossroads of the Danforth BIA and its annual street festival Wheels on the Danforth. All of the assigned work will go directly to promoting small businesses in the Crossroads BIA area of the Oakridge Neighbourhood, and the street festival.
The position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program and is for a full time student between the ages of 15 to 30. The applicant should be someone whose focus and interest is in the Information, Communications and Technology fields and have excellent computer and social media skills. They must enjoy working in a dynamic team environment while being self-motivated and responsible. They will receive strong mentoring, build confidence and skill sets while fulfilling their various tasks.
Tasks will include:
- Assist in implementing the communications program including media, community relations, special events, and contingency planning for reducing risk exposures.
- Assisting in designing content for BIA websites and social media.
- Assisting in designing content for Festival social media.
- Updating BIA website
- Assisting in the creation, ordering and delivering of promotional materials.
- Assisting with advertising, public relations and marketing campaigns
- Researching, Sourcing new and different ways to market the event.
- Assisting in promoting the BIA & Festival at local events & gatherings.
Other related tasks may be assigned as required based on the development of the projects.
The primary hours of work will be Monday to Friday with the potential of evening and weekends depending on promotional or marketing requirements totalling 30 hours per week for a 9 week period.
Start Date June 26th, 2017
End Date August 25th, 2017
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is June 14th at 4:00pm
Any questions, please contact the Crossroads of the Danforth BIA at (416) 693-8300 or email@example.com